Thursday, August 13, 2009

Artwork for Tonight

Below you can see a fine piece of art that I will be donning for the Arbitrary Art Grant at 6 pm on the lot. It is photo documentation of my desk after attempting to create a spectacular, original, and unique work using pennies, scrabble tiles, fabric, advertisements from an IKEA catalog and used car magazine from 7-11, and some engineering drawings on colored cardstock...a cacophony of materials that I could not arrange into anything coherent.

Instead, I took a digital photo of the mess, printed it out six times at Bartell's and affixed it to my cardboard and shoestring frame. Hope to see you all there.

I also encourage anyone with an interest in cityscapes to head to Grey Gallery for the opening of Rachel Maxi's exhibit, Lay of the Land.

No comments:

Post a Comment