Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Loot and Summer Street Scene

I picked up some interesting stuff today at the Aesthetic Life of Cities exhibit in Pioneer square. We'll start with what I paid for and end with what was free.

Pictured below are Where We Live Now: an annotated reader, which was edited by Matthew Stadler, and Metronome No. 10, which starts with a piece on "working portably" that is intended for artists who want to live and work portably, with minimal expenditures.


I am especially interested in the work of Saskia Sassen, some of which is included in the reader, and was referred to me by Stadler after bringing up the issue of technology and its relationship to the built environment (like this blog, y'know).

Secondly, I acquired four wonderful posters by Marc Joseph Berg that are a part of his You Can See For Miles project (the link is to a write-up that explains the premise of the project). Note the "tags" at the bottom of each poster, a feature that corresponds nicely to the meta information that I should be using to help with site navigation. They will be hung with care in four locations that are of interest to PPL.


In closing, make sure to head to Great City's Summer Street Scene from 5-8 PM on Bell St., between 1st and 2nd and 3rd Avenues. My eyes are set on SVR's booth and Skillet. I plan on being there from 5:00 to around 6:15 (gotta run to see Objectified at 7:00), so if you a guy wearing these, it could very well be me.

No comments:

Post a Comment